Sunday, September 24, 2023

Digest for rec.food.cooking@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 8 topics

Leonard Blaisdell <leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net>: Sep 25 03:21AM

So, here's a picture. I "think" I did a good job of carving around the
worm damage. The seeds in every apple were destroyed by "something". I
never saw the "something".
My wife took a taste and said that it's not as sweet as store bought and
chunkier but she liked it. I'll wait to see if she looks normal in the
morning before I taste it.
I have to stop getting wild hairs to do something when I'm posting
here.
 
<https://postimg.cc/mcjWdvKP>
 
leo
Ed P <esp@snet.xxx>: Sep 24 11:43PM -0400

On 9/24/2023 11:21 PM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> here.
 
> <https://postimg.cc/mcjWdvKP>
 
> leo
 
 
Texture looks good to me. I like a little chunkiness to it
"itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net" <itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net>: Sep 24 09:49PM -0700

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 10:21:43 PM UTC-5, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> here.
 
> <https://postimg.cc/mcjWdvKP>
 
> leo
 
Oh, I think that looks really good. If it's not as sweet as she likes it she can just
do a light sprinkle of sugar on her serving.
GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com>: Sep 24 10:14PM -0700

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 10:21:43 PM UTC-5, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> here.
 
> <https://postimg.cc/mcjWdvKP>
 
> leo
 
 
I like it...
 
--
GM
Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net>: Sep 25 01:51AM

On 2023-09-25, Michael Trew wrote:
 
> Haha, for some reason, people tend to think that
> my accent doesn't match where I live.
> [...] I don't have the annoying mid-west or
 
Isn't mid-west the one that sounds a bit Canadian
but you cannot tell from which part of Canada?
(Johnny Carson)
 
I have to admit, I just LOVE the way Michael Cohen
does the New York accent, but maybe that's because
he hates Trump so much, and that's all he speaks of.
Leonard Blaisdell <leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net>: Sep 25 05:04AM


> When I did layouts for printing, I used metric measurements because dividing an 8.5" page into 3 columns was too scary to contemplate. On the driving test, you're supposed to use your turn signal 100 feet before switching lanes or turning. My guess is that most people have no idea how far 100 feet is. You might think that I would but I don't.
 
 
A hundred feet is about two telephone poles, more or less. Close enough
for a driving test. ;)
Leonard Blaisdell <leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net>: Sep 25 05:13AM

> I speak with are in other countries. At least, a general idea of what
> equals what. I have quite a rough time translating sq feet to sq
> meters, without using a search engine.
 
 
A meter is roughly a yard. A square meter is roughly 9 square feet.
Close enough in the everyday world.
Ed P <esp@snet.xxx>: Sep 24 11:47PM -0400

On 9/24/2023 9:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> teacher?
> AAMOF I did have a crush on my Gr, 3 teacher... Miss Peel. I have to
> admit that at that age there was no thought of actual sex.
 
When I was in 3rd grade my teacher was a very old lady. She must have
been at least 40.
GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com>: Sep 24 09:17PM -0700

Ed P wrote:

> When I was in 3rd grade my teacher was a very old lady. She must have
> been at least 40.
 
 
My first - grade teacher was my 60 - year old grandma, my fourth - grade teacher an aunt...
 
I was a perfect angel, any "issue" and they'd call up my parents...
 
They did me no "favors", in fourth grade when I wasn't getting my multiplication tables.
my aunt put me in a dunce cap and put me in a corner, and no recess until I got those
tables right, lol...
 
She's be fired for that now...
 
--
GM
Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net>: Sep 25 04:38AM

On 2023-09-25, GM wrote:
 
> my aunt put me in a dunce cap and put me in
> a corner, and no recess until I got those
> tables right, lol...
 
Did you have to make the cap yourself?
 
I never saw it administered, but I gathered
that was the worst part of the tradition.
GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com>: Sep 24 09:53PM -0700

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 11:38:47 PM UTC-5, Mike Duffy wrote:
> Did you have to make the cap yourself?
 
> I never saw it administered, but I gathered
> that was the worst part of the tradition.
 
 
Nope, she had one already made...
 
In first grade, the *principal's* daughter, Delores Ferri, peed her pants at her seat cuz she was too scared to ask the teacher - my grandma - to go to the bathroom...
 
"Different times"...
 
--
GM
John Kuthe <johnkuthern@gmail.com>: Sep 24 06:59PM -0700

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 7:35:55 PM UTC-5, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> who know you would not be unhappy to hear of your death.
 
> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN
 
> --Bryan
 
Bryan, your acting out at me is just a reaction to my accurate diagnoses of you as a Narcissistic Personality Disorder sufferer who cannot roll a kayak.
 
And will never own a Sound System as fabulous as mine!
 
John Kuthe, RN, BSN
Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid>: Sep 24 10:03PM -0500

John Kuthe wrote:
 
> Bryan, your acting out at me is just a reaction to my accurate diagnoses of you as a Narcissistic Personality Disorder sufferer who cannot roll a kayak.
 
> And will never own a Sound System as fabulous as mine!
 
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN
 
And has no degrees or nissan leaf.
John Kuthe <johnkuthern@gmail.com>: Sep 24 06:51PM -0700

> his son left as soon as he was out of high school as Bwyan has turned into his
> stepfather. He was probably as sick of his stupidity as we are. He can't carry
> on a conversation unless he's foaming at the mouth.
 
Bryan is a Narcissistic Personality Disorder sufferer who cannot roll a kayak.
 
John Kuthe, RN, BSN
Mike Duffy <mxduffy@bell.net>: Sep 25 02:03AM

On 2023-09-25, Hank Rogers wrote:
 
>> would benefit you, but who'd want to fuck you?
 
> Have yoose already forgotten Popeye?
> Damn, you've got a really short memory.
 
Tut tut, Hank. It is you with the short memory.
 
Can you not see that Bryan is looking for another
chance to tell everyone about the time he fucked
the maid of honour at John's wedding so much that
she couldn't walk without limping for a week?
 
(This after the bride refused a threesome
when John passed out from drink & drugs &c.)
dsi1 <dsi123@hawaiiantel.net>: Sep 24 07:05PM -0700

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 3:48:10 AM UTC-10, Ed P wrote:
 
> > --Bryan
> More people should have conversations like that. Nothing wrong with an
> honest conversation rather than PC crap. No reason to fear honesty.
 
I agree with that. The Hawaiians don't have any problems talking about race. We talk about it most of the time.
dsi1 <dsi123@hawaiiantel.net>: Sep 24 07:11PM -0700

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 3:32:42 PM UTC-10, Ed P wrote:
> for us. At the end of the day, she took the bus home.
 
> From my experience growing up, Aunt Jemima, Mrs. Butterworth and the
> like was an image of a nice lady. Seems silly to take it away.
 
Language will always change to suit the needs of the younger generation. The old folks don't want to see their language being pulled out from under them but the reality is that Aunt Jemima has no relevance to the younger generation.
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>: Sep 24 10:37PM -0400


>> I think that getting fucked until you were sore would benefit you,
>> but who'd want to fuck you? Wait...Kuthe. Remember the old
>> lady who stuck her tongue in his mouth.
 
<yawn> Again, with his obssession about Kuthe. This is getting boring.
 
> Now I understand why your son as soon as he was of age left home.
 
Wasn't he working on his "son's house" expecting him to live next door
and then his son moved to Mexico? I'd have moved as far away from him
as I could if I'd been his child. He's a very disagreeable person.
 
>> concoction, no doubt.
 
>> --Bryan
 
> Your anger has affected your ability to read.
 
Anger anger rules his life. It's pathetic.
 
Jill
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net>: Sep 24 10:41PM -0400

> his son left as soon as he was out of high school as Bwyan has turned into his
> stepfather. He was probably as sick of his stupidity as we are. He can't carry
> on a conversation unless he's foaming at the mouth.
 
He certainly didn't disappoint. But hey, he's very good at ranting. He
sounds like a bitter old lady. LOL
 
Jill
Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid>: Sep 24 09:44PM -0500

John Kuthe wrote:
>> on a conversation unless he's foaming at the mouth.
 
> Bryan is a Narcissistic Personality Disorder sufferer who cannot roll a kayak.
 
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN
 
And has no degrees, copper gutters, nor electric cars.
 
And doesn't even know how to diddle a preschooler. You rule, Man!
Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid>: Sep 24 09:57PM -0500

jmcquown wrote:
 
>> Your anger has affected your ability to read.
 
> Anger anger rules his life.  It's pathetic.
 
> Jill
 
Perhaps your majesty could try counseling him. He may just need
the guidance of a wizened and knowledgeable elderly woman.
 
Your highness could be a large part of the solution.
Leonard Blaisdell <leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net>: Sep 25 02:44AM

> pot of chili that I was planning. Maybe a few alterations. I just so
> happen to have a few fresh chili's to use up. I don't think I've ever
> made shrimp stock, but I have shell-on shrimp in the deep freezer.
 
 
As Jill mentioned above, add other things. I boiled up a bunch of shrimp
shells once for stock. I added nothing else. The stock tasted about a
millionth of a percent better than just water.
I don't do it right. I don't think that google was a thing back then.
Hank Rogers <hank@nospam.invalid>: Sep 24 09:26PM -0500

> no, not the Texan Steve, is bringing a tiramisu he made along with
> bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers he grows. At least I think they're
> bacon wrapped.
 
At least you can be confident that urine was not one of the
ingredients, unlike texas steve :)
GM <gregorymorrow@msn.com>: Sep 24 07:05PM -0700

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 8:43:19 PM UTC-5, Mike Duffy wrote:
> caused by a number of things, none due to diet.
 
> I thought horse tracts were too short for fermentation
> to produce alcohol from fruit. What do you mean?
 
 
Like humans, horses can get "the back door trots", Mike...
 
--
GM
Leonard Blaisdell <leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net>: Sep 25 02:07AM


> Looks good. I miss a good home made pie, both peach and apple.
 
> Fried apples go well with pork.
 
 
I know. I usually serve pork chops with store-bought applesauce. I just
looked up applesauce in allrecipes, and it seems easy enough.
Let me check for cinnamon. Got it.
So I just peeled and cored the apples, three green and three red.
The cores looked like disaster areas. Worms were known to all of them.
I googled, and they're "fine". The chunks I used were worm-destruction
free. So...we'll see.
The apple harvest doesn't look nearly as splendiferous as it did when
I started this project. :(
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.food.cooking+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment