Thursday, August 3, 2023

Digest for rec.food.cooking@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 3 topics

Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com>: Aug 03 07:30PM

> different categories. One of them has the contents of 90 CDs, and there
> is still room on it for more. It is simple to navigate those treasure
> troves of music and podcasts.
 
I use my phone in the car. Almost exclusively for audiobooks.
 
--
Cindy Hamilton
Leonard Blaisdell <leoblaisdell@sbcglobal.net>: Aug 03 07:49PM


> I'm aware that I'm not replying to Bruce, but I'd like to share the
> original song that went with the tune.
 
> Old Zip Coon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubXiEW40bUA
 
 
One of the earliest dirty ditties that I remember, while learning
playground talk in the first grade, uses the tune from "Turkey In The
Straw"
It goes something like this. You'll have to use your imagination for
the dirty words.
 
Oh, she hustled and she bustled and she $#!t on the floor
The wind from her @$$ knocked the knob off the door
The Moon shined bright on the n!pple of her t!t
And the bluebird cackled
And the buzzard $#!t
 
First grade memories are just precious.
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com>: Aug 03 07:29PM

> had they stocked a pint. The only container available was a half gal of
> butter milk for almost $6. That wasn't happening. I'm not sure if they
> were out or what, but I couldn't imagine going through a half gal.
 
Freeze it.
 
--
Cindy Hamilton
Cindy Hamilton <hamilton@invalid.com>: Aug 03 07:28PM


> I don't think I've ever bought frozen veggies for soup. I don't know
> why, probably because grandma never did. It's a day's activity here
 
Tedious. A couple of hours does it for me. I don't put the whole
produce section in my soup:
 
mirepoix of onions, celery, and carrots
garlic
canned great northern beans
canned tomato
frozen green beans
cabbage (I blanch an entire head and freeze it so I can throw
a couple handfuls into the soup)
fresh minced parsley
 
Once in a while I use zucchini instead of cabbage
 
I also don't simmer it for an eternity. Just until the green beans
are tender-crisp. They continue cooking as the soup cools enough to
put it in the fridge or freezer.
 
> when I make a vat of vegetable soup. Despite Gary not believing me, my
> stock pot is no smaller than 20 qts.
 
I probably make 8 quarts. That's 24-32 servings for me. I usually
have a bit of cheese and a slice of bread along with the soup. One
single thing doesn't really make a meal.
 
--
Cindy Hamilton
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.food.cooking+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment